Translate

If you're looking for a post about Cait Riley, click here
>

Thursday 18 October 2012

Coombe Hill footwear


After my recent visit to Coombe Hill I decided to pop back because I'd spotted ideal weather for photography and to check the footwear issue. This time, I took standard wellies and got all the away along the boardwalk through the osiers to reach the Grundon Hide (see below).  Mind you, if there was another 4" of water, it would have been difficult to keep my socks dry.

Now, the hide might have seemed like a good idea when they built it, but yer modern wildfowl has Internet access, uses Google Maps and likes its privacy. As a result the birds know about the hide and were keeping a good few hundred yards away from it


As sunset approached, I went over to the South side of the canal and got some pictures - click for bigger versions.



No comments: