Translate

If you're looking for a post about Cait Riley, click here
>

Sunday 27 January 2013

Bracketing exposures

Even back in the days of real film, I quite often bracketed my exposures - took at least one extra shot with the camera set to over or under expose the film. I knew that the scene was sufficiently unusual to fool the automatic system. Now I use a digital camera (Panasonic Lumix TZ20) I bracket even more - I'm not wasting money on film and there's a setting to automatically fire the extra shots, one over and one under exposured. Perhaps the only thing wrong with the feature is that the camera "forgets" it every time you switch off. Still, it does mean I can select and keep the "best" exposure when I get home.

The three autobracket pictures that follow are unusual - I feel they all have some value.Click to enlarge.

1/640 F5.9 ISO100

1/320 F5.9 ISO100

1/160 F5.9 ISO100

No comments: