Translate

If you're looking for a post about Cait Riley, click here
>

Friday 15 June 2012

Two Pests

One of the ladybirds that used to be there
The first pest I encountered today was on my Broad Bean plants. The blackfly had arrived :-( . This was especially annoying since earlier in the season, there'd been lots of ladybirds patrolling the plants. So I had to use a pyrethrin spray which might be "organic" these days - it's difficult to keep track.

The blackfly




















The next pest was indoors. My phone rang and the display said "Unavailable" - often a sign of trouble. Sure enough, when I answered there was initial silence before call-centre noises and a gentleman from the "Computer Maintenance Department - Windows Operating System". My usual response to these scammers is usually lacking in diplomacy. This time, I grabbed a recorder and played with his head....

No comments: