Translate

If you're looking for a post about Cait Riley, click here
>

Sunday 26 February 2012

Caspian Fish Bar

In many ways, this is an ordinary chippy. The menu has the usual list of fish, chips, pies, sausages, etc. It stands on one of the less-fashionable stretches of the Gloucester Road in Bristol and I almost passed it by.


Then I noticed something. There was a big queue crammed inside (The picture above is just one I found on the web)

So I ventured in. Everything still seemed entirely normal. Then I got my fish and chips. Certainly generous portions but nothing special to look at. It was when I started eating I discovered the reason for the queue. It was very good. The chips were not the slightest bit burnt or greasy. The cod had lots of nicely flavoured flaky cod in it. Very ordinary in some ways but a fine bit of chippy craftsmanship.

If you want to try for yourself, pop BS7 0SF into your satnav.

No comments: