Translate

If you're looking for a post about Cait Riley, click here
>

Sunday 29 June 2008

Take your partners...

As I surveyed the dance floor, I began to wonder if my 90-mile journey had been worth it. On the plus side, The Committee Band were on stage - one of the finest dance bands around (and I don't often get an opportunity to use "committee" and "finest" in the same sentence).

On the minus side, who was I going to dance with? I couldn't see any of the "usual suspects". Loads of unfamiliar faces.

Then I remembered - I knew how to crack this!

I lowered my eyes and started watching the feet.

There was a lot of fast walking going on. Not good. Other feet were dancing but to a different beat. Then I saw her feet. Dancing right on every beat.

Without hesitation, I moved forward….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must introduce me sometime, it is rarely I get to meet someone who manages every beat. I could learn a lot.

xXx