Translate

If you're looking for a post about Cait Riley, click here

Want new Blog posts sent to you automatically when the Blog is updated? Enter your email address & click the GO button. I won't spam you.

Thursday, 22 May 2008

Damien thinks "outside the box"

Jeff, the manager of the Counseling Centre prided himself on his sensitivity so when Damien strolled into the office whistling a merry tune it seemed rather pointless to ask the young counselor how he was feeling. Instead, he took a direct approach:

"What are you so bloody cheerful about?"

"You remember I had that problem with a gorgeous woman who approached me in a club?"
"The one who ended up bending your ear rather than any other bit of your anatomy?"
"Yes, but you will be glad to know I have taken your valuable feedback on board, cleaned up my act and even 'thought outside the box'!"
"Good. Go on!"
"Last night I had a date with Jane - one of Wendy's friends"
"Yeah, think I met her once. Pretty girl"
"When I picked her up, she seemed a bit tearful and asked if she remembered right that I worked at the Counseling Centre?"
"Uh Oh!"
"Nah, it was Ok! I told her a joke, tickled her and, well, lets say that by the end of the evening she was very happy indeed"
"Nice one!"
"YEAH!"
Then a worrying thought crossed Jeff's mind.
"You weren't thinking of using your new, err, technique here at work with clients, were you?"
"Oh yes" said Damien airily, "write it up, run a training course..."
"Good, that's the spirit!" said Jeff and they both laughed.

No comments: